A Human Rights Approach to Prison Management. Handbook for prison staff. Second Edition
The second edition of the ICPS handbook A Human Rights Approach to Prison Management was launched by Baroness Glenys Kinnock, Minister of State with responsibility for Human Rights at a reception in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on 27 October.
The first edition of the handbook was published in 2002 It has been translated into 16 languages and is widely used in prison reform work around the world.
The second edition updates the text to take account of new international instruments, such as the Optional Protocol to the UN Convention against Torture. It also has new chapters on High Security and on Foreign National Prisoners.
To download a pdf version of the handbook please click here.
To purchase a copy of the handbook, priced £15.00, please email JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING or ring on +44 (0) 20 7848 1922.
- World Female Imprisonment List (2nd edition)
- World Prison Population List (9th edition)
- A Human Rights Approach to Prison Management. Second Edition. Spanish Version
- A Human Rights Approach to Prison Management. Handbook for prison staff. Second Edition
- Children in Custody. Anglo-Russian Perspectives