Reducing Imprisonment of Juveniles New Report from ICPS
Experiences in reducing the use of imprisonment for juveniles are analysed in a new report published today. ICPS was commissioned by the Prison Reform Trust to look at a range of initiatives in Europe and North America and to draw out lessons which could be applied in England and Wales, where the use of custody has remained stubbornly high in recent years . Co authored by ICPS director Rob Allen, the report includes case studies of strategies undertaken in Canada and New York State to reduce prison numbers as well as material about European countries with higher ages of criminal responsibility and much lower rates of incarceration.
Reducing child imprisonment in England and Wales
- World Female Imprisonment List (2nd edition)
- World Prison Population List (9th edition)
- A Human Rights Approach to Prison Management. Second Edition. Spanish Version
- A Human Rights Approach to Prison Management. Handbook for prison staff. Second Edition
- Children in Custody. Anglo-Russian Perspectives